Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Uh, I missed that one.

I feel like I missed something here.  Do you remember Matthew Sweet?  Well, I don't.  But I wish that I did.
Upon a recent jaunt through Spotify's music recommendations, I connected to Sweet's music after completing a full listen of Jellyfish's "Spilt Milk" (which, by the way, happens to be a fantastic album).  So there I am, listening to Sweet's "Girlfriend" and realizing that I just absolutely missed this album.
You know that feeling when you discover a diamond in the rough?  Yeah, that was this one.  It got me thinking though, how could I have missed this?
It was 1991 and I feel like I was gobbling up as much music as I could, and yet this slipped right through the cracks.  At the time, the best way to discover new music was on the radio or from a friend's mixtape, so it's no wonder that I find this little gem all these years later combing an extensive catalog of music.  That's the beauty of a system like Spotify or iTunes or any of the other online libraries, suddenly the power is right in your hands.  No longer is it necessary to listen to what the radio wants you to hear.  You create your own radio and listen to what you want to hear.  There's a Matthew Sweet out there for everyone.  What's yours?



2 comments:

Sakira said...

Just love your article.I do continuously look over your web site for brand spanking new articles.I am recently acting on associate app spotify premium apk 2017 thats going awe-inspiring and special because of you 🙂

Danny Danials said...

I have been using this app All Videoer Apk : and downloaded and gambling it frequently.