Friday, September 19, 2008

Uncle Moe's

So I eat a lot of burritos. Just last week I was serving jury dury and there just so happened to be a Chipotle near the court house. In 6 days of service, I ate 5 burritos. They were all delicious and varied in meat, salsa and guac proportions. (I have yet to finalize a "regular.")

While most were at said Chipotle, one day I snuck off to enjoy a gut-stuffer from Uncle Moe's Burritos, located in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn. Uncle Moe's is an independent establishment specializing in gigantic burritos. How large are their burritos, you ask? Well, your average "California" burrito (check their menu for plenty of other option) necessitates not one, but two tortillas to ensure all the fixins and veggies stay in. Last week, I enjoyed a chorizo and portabella mushroom burrito topped with rice, black beans, guac, sour cream, cheese, lettuce and salsa. Dare I say, it was delicious. So delicious, in fact, I considered going back for dinner. I can't remember, now, why I didn't. Must have had an emergency or somethin'.

Hm. I think just writing this is making me jones for another one. I'll catch up with you guys later. I'm gonna go catch the F train. Laters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It should be noted that the California also allows for 2(!) meat or vegetable selections. There is also a chain called "Baha Betty's" in Brookline, MA with the same menu. The owners grew up together in a neighborhood which, apparently, was known for burritos.